Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation
- Reduced fatigue
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Help pre-mature babies gain weight
- Alleviate and improve range of motion low-back pain
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve headache and migraine pain.
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
Massage for Children
Massage for a minor 16 and under is always done with a parent in the treatment room. Individuals 18 yrs and younger need their parent's consent for treatment. Kids benefit from massage. Postural habits affects our kids too. It is a great start to help them use good postural habits with a "coach", a licensed massage therapist, to help them understand how posture and more affects our lives. Long hours at school, sports activities, and sleeping habits all weigh in on stress, tension in the muscles and even headaches. Also, research shows that regular massage for a child with ADHD and ADD helps them relax and focus better. The goal during these sessions is to also encourage the parent (if you wish to learn) how to massage your kid's back, shoulders, and neck for optimal wellness.
May God's peace dwell deep within your body, mind, and spirit